The wait is almost over! A full three years since the 2019 Nantwich Food Festival, and the Festival organisers have excelled themselves. The organisers thank Nantwich Town Council and Cheshire East Council for their ongoing support of the Festival that has been crucial to the Festival’s continued success.
The photographs remind us just what a great 3 day weekend was had by all at the last Nantwich Food Festival, but we can expect the 2022 one to be bigger and better, so keep the weekend of 2nd-4th September free:
We have all noticed that prices have increased this year, and the Festival organisers are no different, but thanks to generous local sponsors, they have been able to arrange more chefs, more entertainment – just more everything, and yet the Festival is still free to enter, even the Celebrity and TV Chef demonstrations!
- Not one, but two Chef Demonstration theatres – The Boulton Group Celebrity & TV Chef stage in the Civic Hall on Festival Saturday and Sunday. In addition to chefs, this venue will host the Nantwich Food Festival Cheese Awards with The Cheese Shop, Nantwich
- Plus the Reaseheath College local chef demonstration theatre at Love Lane; Reaseheath, as we know, are celebrating their 100 years as a college
- Two large marquees, full of exhibitors from near and far: the Applewood Independent and Hall Smith Whittingham Marquee in Love Lane, and Mornflake Pavilion at the Bowling Green area.
- The town centre will be arranged in a market-styled format, thanks to sponsorship by Boughey Distribution.
- Two music stages, with live music to appeal to all tastes.
- The Food Festival goes digital! Just scan the festival QR code which will feature on posters around the town centre and also will be on our festival leaflet. This will then take to a new look website where you can check out what’s on and where to find it.
- Leaflets will be available over the Festival weekend and at the Festival stall at the Farmers Market on August 27th
- Friday evening entertainment will include circus fun, games, dance and song, and it all starts at 1pm in the Town Centre. The wonderful Sinead D’Abreu-Hayling will be singing twice in the Town Centre on Festival Friday at 2 pm and 4 pm.
- Young Nantwich singer, Sinead, is a classical soprano who was part of the Welsh Academy of Voices Choir, and who sang before the Queen for the platinum jubilee. Sinead has the rare ability to emotionally move people through music.
- There are competitions to win great prizes: a Tasting Menu for 2 at Chester Grosvenor Hotel is likely to prove a popular prize, so to enter, do collect your Festival fold out leaflet at the August Farmers’ Market or over the Festival weekend
- Next up is the bread making competition ‘Nantwich Rising Talent’ for the best Flavoured Bread; this will be judged by Chef Nigel Brown and Home Economist, Jill Weatherburn. Only 12 places in this competition, and entries must be delivered to the Reaseheath College Food Theatre by 3pm on Festival Friday. Enter via the Festival website.
- Nantwich Bake-off is for the best filled Victoria Sponge Cake; Judges will include Lizzie Acker and a Reaseheath expert.
Enter via the Festival website – there are only 12 places, and entries need to be at Reaseheath Food Theatre by 2.30pm Festival Saturday.
- As usual the Dabber Bear trail is dotted around the town, with 13 town businesses taking part
- Some of the lovely town businesses will compete for the Best Dressed Window Display Competition, and some will organise events too.
- Safety is always high on the agenda for Nantwich Food Festival, and more so this year, so to complement the Festival Volunteers, there are the Health and Safety team, the Staff Solutions Group First aiders and local police.
There is still time to volunteer for this year’s Festival, and new volunteers are needed to cover all the work; just contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator at:
Finally, if you haven’t yet voted for your favourites for the Nantwich Food Awards, you don’t have much longer, as voting closes on 4th September. These awards, sponsored by Applewood Independent, are much loved by the winners.
Just go to the new look Festival website to choose your favourites.